In order to make the SMS and phone call services more sustainable, some changes will be made to these services in February 2023.
Changes in SMS and Phone Call access
Beginning in February 2023 the SMS and Phone call services will only be available to Pro, Pro+, and Legacy Pro users. If you’re on the Free Tier and have Applets that use these services they will be automatically disconnected and archived. We’d recommend updating your Applets to use alternative triggers and actions from the services listed below.
Changes to the Email service
Beginning in February 2023 the IFTTT Email service will have an updated rate limit for users on the Free tier. Moving forward, users on the Free Tier will have a limit of 30 emails per day when using the Send me an email action. This change will not affect users on the Pro, Pro+, and Legacy Pro tiers.
Alternative Phone Call, SMS, and email services
If you are affected by the above changes we’d recommend updating your Applets to use triggers and actions from the services listed below. These triggers and actions will work in much the same way as the SMS, Phone Call, and Email services but will not be subject to the rate limits outlined above:
- Phone call: Android Phone Call, Call Me Bot, Voip Calls
- SMS: Android SMS, ClickSend SMS, Gateway API SMS, Notifications, SMS & Text-To-Speech by sms77
- Email: Gmail, Zoho Mail
How to update existing Applet's trigger or action
If you’d like to update an existing Applet's trigger or action you can do so from the Applet’s settings page:
- Go to IFTTT.com/my_applets, the click the Applet you’d like to update.
- Press “Settings” in the top right.
- Next, delete the existing trigger or action that you’d like to replace.
- Click the Add button on the trigger or action you just deleted. Search for a replacement service, then choose a trigger or action from that service, then click the “create” button.
- You’ll then be returned to the Applet composer screen, press “update” and you’re all set.