Two-step verification adds an extra level of security to your account by requiring both your password and a verification code to sign in.
We recommend the following authenticator apps:
To enable two-step verification on your account:
- Sign in to your account settings.
- Under two-step verification, click Enable two-step verification.
- Enter your password.
- Choose your two-step verification method — authentication or text message.
- Users outside the U.S are strongly advised to use an authentication app instead of SMS as many carriers are not supported.
- After choosing your method you’ll be required to verify your phone number.
Two-step verification will be enabled after you enter your verification code.
For international numbers, include the leading “00” and country code when setting up two-step verification.
Keep your backup code in a safe place! If you lose access to your phone, this backup code will be necessary to access your IFTTT account. For account security reasons, we will be unable to retrieve your backup codes for you.
Add an authentication app as a backup. In the event that you lose or switch phones, or misplace your backup codes, an authenticator app will give you the option to recover your verification codes via a verified backup phone number.