Siri is the voice-activated assistant from Apple. Siri can be used on your iOS or iPadOS device, HomePod, or Apple Watch to kick off an Apple Shortcut that triggers an IFTTT Applet.
Create your Applet
- Open the IFTTT app and tap Create
- Tap If This and select the iOS Shortcuts - Shortcut automation started trigger
- Tap Then That and select your action
- Tap Continue
- Feel free to edit the Applet title, then tap Finish
Create the Siri Shortcut
- Open the Shortcuts app and tap the plus button ( + ) in the top right corner
- Tap Add Action > Apps > IFTTT > Trigger Applet
- Tap the blue arrow ( > ) next to 'Select an Applet', then tap Choose
- Select the Applet you'd like this Shortcut to run (please note that only Applets that use the iOS Shortcuts - Shortcut automation started trigger will appear in this list)
- Name your Shortcut by tapping Trigger Applet at the top of the screen. This will be the custom phrase you will use to trigger your Applet
To run your new Applet, say ‘Hey Siri’ + the name of your Shortcut.
It’ll work on any Siri-enabled Apple device logged into the same Apple ID you used when you created your shortcut.