The Location service allows apps and websites to use information from cellular, Wi-Fi, and GPS networks to determine your approximate location. Basically, it uses your smartphone to let an Applet know where you are. This means you can:
- Have the lights turn on when you get home
- Automatically record how much time you spend at work
- Automatically arm your security system when you leave
- Unmute your Android device when you get home
If you are having trouble with an Applet using the Location service, it's likely related to your device settings.
- Make sure your wifi setting is enabled. You don't need to be connected to a wifi network, but the setting needs to be turned on for your device to accurately recognize your location.
- Make sure the mobile IFTTT app is authorized to run in the background on your device.
- Disable power saving modes on your device.
- Make sure your device is recognizing that you are at the correct location. Check on a maps app to see where your device has you located.
- Reset your device to see if it improves the performance of your location Applets.