IFTTT has guardrails in place to keep our service running quickly, to prevent abuse of our features, and to protect people from spam and harassment. As a user, you agree not to use the IFTTT service:
- To post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, content or communications that are libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, offensive, profane, or that infringes any copyright or another right of any person;
- To create or transmit unwanted spam to any person or any URL;
- To create multiple accounts for the purpose of transmitting spam;
- By any automated means for any purpose that imposes, or may impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure or interfere with the proper working of IFTTT.
Users engaging in these types of behaviors may be removed from IFTTT. Learn more about our Terms of Service here.
We know spam when we see it, but things to keep an eye out for are:
- Applets/connections that are trying to sell something in the description text;
- Applets/connections where the title and description don't clearly describe how they work with the services involved; and
- Applets/connections that are promising to do something you know IFTTT can't do.
And of course, if you see any Applets/connections that use any libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, offensive, or profane language, or that infringes any copyright or another right of any person — let us know ASAP. That's against our terms of service, and we'll take them down.