Any Applet that works with one of those services can be a widget. That means you can run it with one tap from your mobile device.
Managing your widgets in the IFTTT app for iOS and Android
- Tap Applets
- Then tap Settings in the top left
- Select widgets
Tip for iPhones with 3D Touch:
- Users on this version can add widgets within the app.
- Go to the widget applet details screen, press the “Add homescreen widget” button to prompt instructions.
- Note that this instruction is handled by the Launcher app, not IFTTT. So it might vary in different Launcher apps.
- You can still use the instructions below to add a widget manually on the home screen as well.
Users on other versions of Android
- Because the Launcher app can be different for different devices, these steps will only work for a subset of them. All of the “stock” Android devices follow this pattern.
- Go to the device home screen.
- Long press any empty space on home screen, this should prompt the widget menu to appear.
- On the widget menu, find IFTTT.
- Long press either “IFTTT Small” or “IFTTT Large”, and drag it to any empty space on home screen to add the widget.