IFTTT can do tons of cool things for you when you use it via the app. To run Applets that use your location, your camera, your contacts, and other smartphone features, we ask for a few permissions:
- Camera: Permission to access your device’s camera and photos
- Contacts: Permission access contact details in your address book
- Location: Permission to access location information when your Applet runs
- Phone (Android only): Permission to access user’s' phone call logs
- SMS (Android only): Permission to read user’s SMS database and to send SMS from device
- Storage (Android only): Permission to access the user’s photo database
We only access these functions when an Applet you've turned on requires access in order to run. You can revoke access to each function and edit or disable your Applets at any time.