You may see emails from IFTTT in your inbox for a few different reasons, though they largely fall into a couple categories.
To manage your email subscriptions:
- Sign in to your account settings
- Go to Email communication
- Uncheck the box next to the type of email you no longer wish to receive
- Save your changes by clicking Update settings
Here's some more detail on what these emails are for:
- Important alerts for your account - We strongly recommend keeping this checked. These alerts are sent out when an Applet or service needs an action from you to continue working, or if there's an upcoming change to a service you use that may impact your Applets. We'll also email you if a service you use is being removed from IFTTT.
- News, tips, features - We send out a monthly user newsletter to make sure you don't miss out on new services, helpful blog content, cool new collections, and more. We may email you new Applets we think you'll like, too.
- Promotions and discounts for products available on IFTTT - We work with hundreds of interesting partners. When one of them has a promotion or feature to share, we may email you if we think it's relevant to your interests.
- Join our beta - Opt-in to our beta communications if you’re interested in early access to new apps, features, and Applets. We'll only email if you’re a fit for a specific beta.
- Partner updates ad announcements - Only users who have access to the IFTTT Platform as part of a partner organization will get these emails. In addition to our monthly partner newsletter, we may send you important feature announcements, new opportunities for your service, and account-specific insights.
You may also receive email from IFTTT in the form of an Applet that uses the Email, Email Digest, Gmail, Office 365, or other email service. You can't unsubscribe from those by visiting account settings — instead, go to ifttt.com or the IFTTT app to find the Applet and turn it off. If you can't figure out where the emails are coming from, check out these tips on how to find them and how to contact us if you need help.
Here's a short video tutorial that shows you how to turn off Applets (including Email Applets), and how to opt-in and out of our email subscriptions.